Visiting England is not just a journey but an overseas adventure travel that boasts amazing sceneries, interesting history, and rich culture. Meticulous planning is the key to a worry-free experience. Our goal is to help make your tourism day easy and without any surprises as you look forward to it anxiously.
Therefore, to help you pack during your OAT, here is an exhaustive guide taking into consideration every element. Our checklist is comprehensive and not just for a regular holiday but numerous occasions. Now we can start preparing and ready ourselves for these top places to go!
Your Mandatory Checklist Before You Do Anything!
Here are some things you need to organize and check before planning any traveling plan to England. Go through the list below:
- Prepare your overseas adventure travel (OAT) route
- Apply for a visa (if you haven’t or if it is needed)
- Complete mandatory vaccinations (usually required after the COVID situation)
- Get a complete check-up at the doctor/dentist to ensure best health condition
- Check on your travel insurance
- Photocopy or scan important documents (passport, ID, maps, etc.)
- Note down important phone numbers and information in your email or a notebook.
- Inform your bank beforehand to avoid any financial mishaps (if necessary)
- Book accommodation for your first night (Check the best hotels for booking and book your room(s) before they run out of space.)
- Download any offline applications for maps, routes, places to go, and touring spots.
- Download any movies you want to enjoy during your travels.
- Compile your favorite song, podcast, or instrumental playlist.
- Turn off the HVAC or any other sort of ventilation system in your home.
- Take out the trash before leaving.
- Water the plants/lawn or hire a person to do it in your absence.
- Hand over a duplicate key of your house/car to a family member/friend.
- Secure and double-check the doors and windows before leaving.
- If you have a pet then take them along or give them to a pet shelter till you are back.
Must-have Documents and Essentials during Travel
The first thing you need to do before booking a place ticket is to check the validity of your passport. If it has expired then that is your starting point. Get that first and then proceed to the next step of booking a plane ticket. Pro tip: Make sure that your passport has an expiry of more than 6 months for hassle-free overseas travel. Here is a list of the documents you need to have while traveling!
- Passport (Most important)
- ID card (For identification overseas)
- Plane or train ticket (keep a physical copy as it may be required)
- Reservation documents (e-ticket, train ticket, hotel reservation)
- Visa (if needed but some passports do not require a VISA, for example, Japanese Passport)
- International Driver’s License (If you wish to rent a car)
- Health insurance card (To tackle any medical emergencies)
- Travel insurance (Just to be super safe on the trip)
- Credit card
- Emergency Contacts (Family, Relatives, Friends, or Someone you know in England)
- Address of your accommodation (Airbnb, hotel, residence of someone you know)
- Vaccination card/certificate
- Carry your licenses for sailing, paragliding, diving, or similar activities.
- Your work or business card (Additional proof of identification)
Things You Need on the Plane, Bus, or Train
We have compiled a list of items that will help you during your travels. Go through the list to find out what you have missed from our list!
- Phone and charger (You do not want a dead phone on your travels!)
- Book or a Travel Guide (Know your places to visit)
- MP3 player (Music to pass time)
- Chewing gum (A little flavor to keep yourself occupied)
- Pen + notepad (To note down any important information)
- Travel pillow (For a comfortable traveling experience)
- Sleep mask (To get rid of irritating lights around you)
- Watch (Timeliness is always rewarding during travel)
- Sunglasses (Everyone wants that shade for their eyes or want to look cool)
- Snacks/sandwich (You never know when you can get hungry)
- Small water bottle (Hydration is essential)
- Nasal ointment for dry nose (If you have allergies or a nose condition)
- Hand sanitizer (Keep those germs and bacteria away from you.
- Glasses case (To keep those precious shades safe)
- Earplugs (Turn down the volume around you for a nice sleep)
- Disposable face mask (Keep yourself safe from dust, pollen, and bacteria/germs)
- Tissues (You can never expect a sudden sneeze or spill)
- Motion sickness medication (If you have height or motion sicknesses then these are you best friends)
Baggage and Hand Carries for Luggage
- The way you pack your things makes a huge difference. You would want the small things like chargers, wallet, cash, and cards in a smaller bag/fanny pack and the other things in a larger bag sent to the luggage. Here are the types of bags you need for your overseas adventure travel!
- Travel Packing Organizers (Socks, undergarments, and other small clothing stays in one place)
- Travel laundry bag (Keep your used clothing in it)
- Travel bag (Keep your precious items and keep them with you on your flight)
- Shoe bag (Keep your “Yeezys” and “Jordans” safe from dust and water)
- Rain cover for backpack (You do not want rainwater seeping into your bag)
- Luggage tag (You want to label all your luggage)
- Lightweight foldable backpack (If you need that extra space to keep extra essentials)
- Handbag (For quick access to essentials)
- Fanny pack (Your cash, cards, and phone go in this)
- Carry-on suitcase (For the rest of the luggage)
How to Pack Clothing for Every Situation?
Check out the list of clothing that we have compiled in a way to suit certain situations!
|Casual Wear||Party Wear||Sleep Wear||Swim Wear|
|Windbreaker (Male/Female)||Short sleeve shirt (Male/Female)||Pajamas||Swimsuit|
|Undergarments (Male/Female)||Stylish Dress (Female)||T-shirts||Shorts|
|T-shirts||Polo shirt (Male)||Long sleeve shirt (Male/Female)||Tank tops|
|Tank tops||Scarf/bandana (Unisex)||Shorts||Flip-flops (Male/Female)|
|Sweatshirt/pullover (Male/Female)||Jacket/coat (Unisex)||Sweatshirt/pullover (Male/Female)||Hat/cap|
|Socks||Hat/cap/beanie (Unisex)||Lightweight pants (Male/Female)||Sunglasses|
|Shorts||Demin Jeans (Female)|
|Short sleeve shirt (Male/Female)||Breton Striped Top (Female)|
|Scarf/bandana||Trench Coat (Female)|
|Polo shirt (Male/Female)||Suit or Tuxedo (Male)|
|Money belt (Male/Female)||Windbreaker (Male)|
|Long sleeve shirt (Male/Female)|
|Lightweight pants (Male/Female)|
What Shoes to Pack?
Shoes are one of the things that a person notices when you dress up. Expensive shoes, casual shoes, pricey sneakers, and more. These decide your overall vibe in an environment. Let’s have a look for suitable shoes you can pack for your trip!
|Shoe Type||Suitable for|
|Shoes for Special Occasions (Party, Wedding, Clubs, etc)||Smart Casual|
|Flip-flops/Slippers (Male and Female)||Casual|
|Hiking footwear (Male and Female)||Outdoor|
|Sandals (Male and Female)||Casual/Summer|
|Water shoes for Beaches, Ponds, Waterfalls, Swamps (Male and Female)||Outdoor/Beach|
|Trekking shoes for Outdoors (Male and Female)||Outdoor|
Health and Hygiene Items
You need to pack these items for your health and hygiene. The best thing is that you even save money while having your own things with you. Have a list below and check if you have missed anything!
|Compact Travel Towel||Wash Bag||Refillable Travel Bottles|
|Toothbrush & Toothpaste||Shower Gel||Biodegradable Cotton Buds|
|Dental Floss||Conditioner||Precision Tweezers|
|Gentle Facial Cleanser||Hand Sanitizer||Everyday Makeup|
|Deodorant||Lip Balm||Shaving Kit (for male)|
|Biodegradable Wipes||Wet Wipes||Travel-sized Perfume|
|Compact Hair Brush||Sunscreen||Contact Lenses|
|Travel-sized Laundry Detergent||Hair Ties||Pocket Mirror|
Tech Items and Apps for Pictures, Videos, and Mapping
Here is a list of items that will make your memorable trip safe in the form of videos or pictures. Let’s have a look!
|For Photographers and Videographers||Don’t Forget||Useful Apps|
|Charger + Cable + Plug Adapter||Travel Adaptor||Google Trips|
|Cleaning Kit||Portable Hard Drive||Lonely Planet Guide|
|Drone||Multi-USB Charging Hub||Tripadvisor|
|External Battery / Powerbank||Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot|
|External Hard Drive||Adhesive Cable Organisers||LoungeBuddy|
|Extra Battery||Universal Plug Adapter||Google Translator|
|Flash||Microfibre Lens Cloth|
|GoPro||Travel Adapter with USB Ports|
|Lens||iPad / Tablet||Booking|
|Memory Card||Laptop PC||Couchsurfing|
|ND Filter||Headphones or Noise Cancelling Headphones||Google Maps|
|Polarizing Filters||External Battery||Flush – Public Toilet Finder|
|Selfie Pole||Backup SD Cards|
|Solar Charger||Travel-Friendly Power Strip||XE Currency|
|Stabilizer||Lens Cleaning Pen||Meetup|
|USB Key||Waterproof Phone Pouch||Maps.me|
|Waterproof Case||Compact Tripod|
|Waterproof Phone Case||Spare Camera Batteries||Uber|
Some Other Useful Items
Here is a list of items that are a plus to have on your trip. They will enrich your trip by providing utility and ease. Let’s shed some light on the list below!
|Travel Essentials||For Hikers||For Hygiene & Protection|
|Clothes Pegs||High-Energy Snacks||Pills to Purify Non-Drinking Water|
|Folding Umbrella||Collapsible Water Bottle|
|Powdered or Liquid Detergent||Reusable Water Bottle||Sawyer Water Filter (A Must Have!)|
|Sheets||Water Bottle||Aloe Vera Gel|
|Sleeping Bag||Compass||Sunscreen Cream|
|Spork||Compact Binoculars||Mask, Snorkel, Fins|
|Swiss Army Knife (Caution: Do not carry in hand luggage/carry!)||Walking Stick (my favorite)||Waterproof Pouch for Smartphone|
|Travel Clothesline||Lightweight Compact Tent (for her, for him)||Beach Towel|
|TSA Lock||GPS||Mosquito Repellent|
|Ziploc Bags||Portable Camping Stove||Diving Accessories (gloves, dive computer, lamp, knife)|
Mandatory Medical Supplies and First Aid Kit Items
Always remember to carry medical supplies as unpredictable mishaps can happen anytime during your overseas adventure travel (OAT). Thoroughly go through the list below!
|Basic First Aid Kit Components||Additional Items for Longer Trips and High-Risk Locations|
|Allergy Medication (Antihistamines)|
|Antiseptic Wipes||Probiotics for the Stomach|
|Bandages||Medication for Altitude|
|Burn Gel||Analgesics (Painkillers)|
|Condoms and Other Contraceptives||Ointment Against Itching (Antihistamine)|
|Cotton Buds||Sterile Adhesive Skin Sutures (Steristrips)|
|Digital Thermometer||Anti-Diarrhea Tablets (Imodium, Smecta)|
|Disinfectant Spray for Wounds||Survival Blanket|
|Insect Repellent||Thermal Blanket|
|Motion Sickness Tablets|
|Pairs of Single-Use Latex Gloves||Water Decontamination Tablets (Aquatabs or Micropur)|
|Paracetamol or Ibuprofen for Pain||Medication for Sore Throat|
|Physiological Saline Solution in Pods (Wound Cleaning)||Tick Tweezers|
|Prescription Medication and Copies|
|Round-Tipped Scissors||Water Purification Tablets|
|Sterile Compresses||Anti-Malarial Medication|
|Tweezers||Rehydration Solutions (in case of dehydration)|
|Tweezers with Magnifying Glass||Corticosteroid Pills and Cream|
The Final Say
As the last few days until your departure draws closer, we look forward to the excitement of travel while leaving nothing to probability with our complete packing guide to ensure you depart for England equipped. It is preparing, which opens the road for a relaxing and interesting trip abroad.
Our checklist includes everything that helps you make a trip – whether taking pictures of beautiful landscapes or navigating through the streets of London. In case you have already zipped up your suitcase, make sure it contains everything necessary for this wonderful expedition. Safe travels!